Shared Hosting Plans Description
A shared hosting service implies stashing and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server hosted by a shared hosting vendor. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various purposes, so let's survey them. In this way, you can choose what you want, depending on whether you desire to run a web page, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with mates and associates.
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various vendors, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions often include adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a given amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel web hosting retailers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud shared hosting". This is a totally incorrect interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting system would divide the workload between independent stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous shared hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; specific suppliers offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is suitable if you want to share an immense number of images with pals or associates since the service is commonly free of charge. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some providers provide shared hosting services for web pages, but do not provide an e-mail service. If you desire to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the e-mail shared hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail address accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your shared hosting resources. Embedding the video clip will enable you to use as many videos as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Shared hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to own a web site. To some extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and email box accounts, upload video clips, etc. At PriceToHost you can take a peek at shared shared hosting and dedicated hosting packages that permit you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single location. There may be limits based on the form of shared hosting service that you've picked - a free web hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the routine email/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for specific content only.